The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has confirmed two additional cases of Coronavirus, also known as Covid-19 in Nigeria.
A tweet released by the Centre says the new cases were confirmed in Lagos and Osun states. Both patients have histories of international travel in the last seven days.
According to the NCDC, the new diagnosis brings the total number of confirmed Coronavirus cases in Nigeria to 46. Two of those confirmed have been discharged while one death was recorded.
Two new cases of #COVID19 have been confirmed in Nigeria: 1 in Lagos and 1 in Osun
Both cases are returning travellers to Nigeria in the last 7 days
— NCDC (@NCDCgov) March 25, 2020
Meanwhile, Nigerians are urged to listen to the directives of the federal ministry of health to contain the spread of the disease. These include:
- Wash hand regularly with soap under running water for at least 20 seconds
- Maintain social distancing at least one and a half meters between anyone that is sneezing and coughing
- If you had to cough do so in your elbow or tissue paper and discard the issue immediately. Wash your h and thereafter as soon as possible
- Stay at home except for essential duties
- Maintain a high level of personal hygiene
Meanwhile, schools have been closed in many states of the federation. Some states government such as Lagos has also ordered their workers to work from home. A new directive from Lagos state government says all markets will be closed effective Thursday 26 March 2020.