Disney has released the soundtrack for its highly anticipated animated film, The Lion King, starring Beyonce as Nala and Donald Glover as Simba.
The film is slated to hit the cinemas come 19th of July and Disney has been generous with whetting fan’s appetite – see this, this and this, for example – as the count down to the film release continues.
Now, it has announced the list of the soundtrack, which is out digitally on 11 July and physically on July (via Walt Disney Records).
The 17-song soundtrack features Beyoncé and Childish Gambino’s rendition of Can You Feel the Love Tonight, which was previewed in a recent teaser.
The Greg Kurstin-produced soundtrack also includes selections from Hans Zimmer’s score, production from Pharrell (on Tracks 4, 9, 12, and 19), and appearances from Seth Rogen (who voices Pumbaa), Chiwetel Ejiofor (Scar), John Oliver (Zazu), Billy Eichner (Timon), and others.
In addition, there is a brand new Elton John track called Never Too Late. John co-wrote the track with Tim Rice.
Check out the tracklist, which includes a conspicuous TBA for Track 14.
The Lion King (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack):
- Lindiwe Mkhize / Lebo M: Circle of Life / Nants’ Ingonyama
- Hans Zimmer: Life’s Not Fair
- Hans Zimmer: Rafiki’s Fireflies
- JD McCrary / Shahadi Wright Joseph / John Oliver: I Just Can’t Wait to Be King
- Hans Zimmer: Elephant Graveyard
- Chiwetel Ejiofor: Be Prepared (219 Version)
- Hans Zimmer: Stampede
- Hans Zimmer: Scar Takes the Throne
- Billy Eichner / Seth Rogen / JD McCrary / Donald Glover: Hakuna Matata
- Hans Zimmer: Simba Is Alive!
- Billy Eichner / Seth Rogen: The Lion Sleeps Tonight
- Beyoncé / Donald Glover / Billy Eichner / Seth Rogen: Can You Feel the Love Tonight
- Hans Zimmer: Reflections of Mufasa
- Hans Zimmer: Battle for Pride Rock
- Hans Zimmer: Remember
- Elton John: Never Too Late