The Met Gala is an annual event for invitation-only fundraisers to benefit the New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute.
This year, Fashion icon, Donatella Versace, prominent human rights lawyer, Amal Clooney and Grammy award-winning artist, Rihanna, are co-hosting this year’s Met Gala with Anna Wintour.
Top 5 Highlights
1. Rihanna wore a papal crown and cape designed by Margiela.
2. Katy Perry wore a 6-foot angel wings.
3. Rapper 2 Chainz popped the question to his long time girlfriend, Kesha Ward, with whom he has three children. She said yes!
4. Kim Kardashian walked the carpet solo without her husband Kanye West. This comes as a bit of a surprise to fans who have become accustomed to seeing the fashionable duo at the gala for the past several years. Where is Kanye?
5. And finally, Cardi B wore a jeweled headpiece and plunging beaded gown at her first Met Gala red carpet, with a matching outfit with fiancee, Offset.