Adrianne Palicki is an American actress in her late 30s, and she is best known for appearing in “Friday Night Lights”, “Wonder Woman”, and “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”.
She has a keen interest in comic books spurred by her brother, Eric. This interest is evident in her choice of television series and film roles. Palicki is one of the most famous faces in Hollywood, but her name is not so well known. Here, you will learn more than her name as we provide a detailed account of her early life, career, personal life and net worth.
Top 10 facts about Adrianne Palicki
- Adrianne Palicki was born on 6 May 1983, and she turned 38 years old in 2021.
- The actress was born and grew up in Toledo, Ohio, and courtesy of her parents, she has Polish and French ancestors.
- She is a tall actress as her height is listed as 5 feet 11 inches or 180 meters.
- Palicki has 203 thousand followers on Instagram.
- Her net worth is estimated to be 4 million dollars ($4 million).
- The actress has several tattoos including, one of her parents’ names on her arm.
- Adrianne Palicki has Celiac disease, a long-term autoimmune disorder that primarily affects the small intestine.
- She has a desire to appear on a Broadway Production as Supergirl, likely to prove her acting range and cement her place as one of the best performers.
- She is the co-author of a comic book, “No Angel”, with her older brother, Eric Palicki, an illustrator.
- When Palicki first moved to Los Angeles, she worked as a sandwich maker before becoming established the film industry.
Adrianne Palicki is an American actress born on 6 May 1983 in Toledo, Ohio, to Nancy Lee and Jeffrey Arthur Palicki. The love and dedication between child and parents are so deep that the actress has a tattoo of her parents’ names on her arm.
She has an older brother, Eric Palicki, who writes comic books and influenced her love for comic books. The two wrote a book together in 2016 called “No Angel”.
Palicki has Polish, Hungarian, English, and German roots. In Toledo, she attended the Whitmer High School, where she was very sporty, participating in basketball and athletics.
She also appeared in plays while she was in her sophomore year of high school. Right before her graduation in 2001, she was voted Homecoming Queen.
Palicki has expressed a desire to perform in some theatre productions on Broadway, saying, “I would love to do Broadway, I don’t think there’s anything more amazing than theatre. Okay, Supergirl is number one. Maybe I could be Supergirl on Broadway! That would be perfect.”
Adrianne Palicki movies and TV shows
Palicki made her film debut in the 2003 short film “Rewrite”. In the same year, she made an appearance in the short film “Getting Rachel Back”.
The following year, 2004, she made an appearance in “Smallville” as the character, Kara. she said about the role:
“I think the character of “Kara” on Smallville was a little different from the one in the comic because her motive is different. She’s not evil by any means, whatsoever, but she does come to Clark for a specific reason. She doesn’t really have a sense of right or wrong; the morality isn’t there.”
In the same year, she appeared in “Quintuplets”, “CSI: Crime Investigation”, and “The Robinsons: Lost in Space”.
Palicki has made appearances in 2005’s “Northshore”, “Supernatural” which ran from 2005 to 2009, and 2006’s “South Beach”.
She also made appearances in “Aquaman”, “Friday Night Lights”, “Criminal Minds”, “Family Guy”, “Robot Chicken”, and “Marvel: Angels of S.H.I.E.L.D”, and several other shows. Currently, Adrianne Palicki stars as Commander Kelly Grayson on “The Orville”, which started airing in 2017.
Check out the full list of films and television shows that she has been a part of below along with the roles that she played in each:
- “Pretty Vacant” – Marina
- “The Orville” (from 2017-2020) – Cmdr. Kelly Grayson
- Robot Chicken (2007-2019) – Several roles including Birdie the Early Bird, Girl, Madchen, Padme Amidala, and many others.
- It’s Supposed to be Easy (2017) – Kris
- S.W.A.T.: Under Siege (2017) – Ellen Dwyer
- Marvel’s Most Wanted (2016) – Bobbi Morse
- The Black Eyed Peas: #WHERESTHELOVE (Feat. The World) (2016) – Adrianne Palicki
- Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2014-2016) – Bobbi Morse
- Baby, Baby, Baby (2015) – Sunny
- This Is Why You’re Single (2014) – Maria
- About a Boy (2014) – Dr. Samantha Lake
- John Wick (2014) – Ms. Perkins
- Dr. Cabbie (2014) – Natalie Wilman
- Drunk History (2014) – Kate Warne
- From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series (2014) – Vanessa Styles
- Coffee Town (2013) – Becca
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013) – Jaye Red
- Dawn (2012) – Toni Walsh
- Waves (2011) – Girlfriend
- Wonder Woman (2011) – Diana Prince, Wonder Woman
- Friday Night Lights (2006-2011) – Tyra Collette
- Criminal Minds (2011) – Sydney Manning
- Robot Chicken: Star Wars III (2010) – Padmé Amidala / Jessica / Girl (voice)
- Lone Star (2010) – Cat Thatcher
- Elektra Luxx (2010) – Holly
- Rocket Legion (2010) – Charlie
- Family Guy (2010) – Tiffani Thiessen
- Titan Maximum (2009) – Clare
- Supernatural (2005-2009) – Jessica Moore
- CSI: Miami (2009) – Marisa Dixon
- Women in Trouble (2009) – Holly Rocket
- Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode II (2008) – Padmé Amidala / Jessica / Lexi (voice)
- Winter Tales (2007) – Mistletoe Girl
- Aquaman (2006) – Nadia
- Seven Mummies (2006) – Isabelle
- South Beach (2006) – Brianna
- Popstar (2005) – Whitney
- North Shore (2005) – Lisa Ruddnick
- The Robinsons: Lost in Space (2004) – Judy Robinson
- C.S.I.: Crime Scene Investigation (2004) – Miranda
- Quintuplets (2004) – Jessica Geiger
- Smallville (2004) – Kara / Lindsay Harrison
- Getting Rachel Back (2003) – Rachel (as Annie Palicki)
- Rewrite (2003) – The pretty girl (as Annie Palicki)
This gifted actress doubtlessly enjoys playing others, but she has also made countless appearances as herself, on talk shows, in movies, and TV shows. Find a comprehensive list below:
- The Talk (2017)
- The Late Late Show with James Corden (2017)
- Last Call with Carson Daly (2006-2017)
- Extra with Billy Bush (2017)
- Hollywood Medium (2017)
- E.W. Reunites (2016)
- Jimmy Kimmel Live! (2015)
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Double Agent (2015)
- Vivir de cine (2013)
- Up Close with Carrie Keagan (2010-2013)
- Reel Junkie (2012-2013)
- Made in Hollywood (2010-2012)
- Attack of the Show! (2012)
- Hollywood and Hyland (2012)
- 1st Look (2012)
- I.C. Places Hollywood (2012)
- Humanity’s Last Line of Defense (2010)
- The Bonnie Hunt Show (2010)
- The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (2010)
- Chelsea Lately (2010) The Teen Choice Awards 2007
Her most prominent role came when she played Barbara ‘Bobbi’ Morse in “Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”. Now, she is wowing fans in “The Orville” which debuted in 2017 and was created by Seth McFarlane.
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” is a television show created by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon, and Marissa Tancharoen for ABC.
The show is based on the Marvel comic organisations’ Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement, and Logistics Division (S.H.I.E.L.D.), a peace-keeping organisation within the well-known and well-loved organisation.
In this series, the agents deal with a host of unusual problems including, Hydra, Inhumans, Life Model Decoys, alien species such as the Kree and Chronicoms, and time travel.
Palicki’s character, Barbara Morse, is an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., who was previously undercover in the evil organisation Hydra.
For this role, Palicki had to learn how to use the character’s signature arnis sticks even though she already had training in martial arts and gun training.
Palicki was also part of a 2011 TV series whose pilot was not picked up. The series was expected to be aired in 2011, but NBC decided not to buy the show, and it did not make it to the small screen.
Palicki’s “Wonder Woman” spotted a different outfit than her 2020 successor. She wore long blue tights paired with blue and gold boots along with a red and gold bustier. However, the two women had on the trusty lasso of truth, the headband, and the wrist guards.
We can only imagine the kind of wonder woman that Palicki would have been if she had the chance to play the role.
Adrienne Palicki has Celiac disease, a long-term autoimmune disorder that primarily affects the small intestine. Symptoms include chronic diarrhea, abdominal distention, malabsorption, loss of appetite, and an inability for children to grow normally. It is usually diagnosed in children within the age of six months to two years old.
The actress loves cooking, traveling, and hanging out with her brother, which should be obvious since she appears to be close to her family, close enough to have tattoos of her parents.
When it comes to relationships, Palicki has had quite a few of them. She dated her “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” co-star DJ Cotrona from 2011 to 2013.
In September 2014, her agent confirmed that she had become engaged to stuntman Jackson Spidell who she met on the set of “John Wick”, the action film starring Keanu Reeves.
That romance was short-lived, however, as the two broke up before 2018 though it is not known when exactly they did.
Adrianne Palicki and Scott Grimes
At the 2018 San-Diego comic con, however, it was revealed that she had started dating her “The Orville” co-star Scott Grimes. The two announced their engagement in January 2019 and got married in May 2019. Two months later, on 22 July 2019, she filed for divorce.
She dropped the filing, however, and in May 2020, she celebrated their anniversary with an Instagram post. She wrote:
“Happy anniversary to my husband @scottchristophergrimes. What a bizarre year it’s been with all of it’s ups and downs. Thankfully, we’ve been able to navigate it together. I love and appreciate you.”
However, she filed for divorce again in July 2020 citing irreconcilable differences. They both shared notices on their Instagram pages with Grimes writing, “so thankful for our time together as a couple, even more thankful for our deep everlasting friendship. Love ya AP.”
Palicki, on the other hand, captioned her post, “so thankful for our time as a couple, even more thankful for our deep, everlasting friendship. Love you SG.”
Adrianne Palicki has been appearing in Hollywood films for over ten years. She has played very visible roles in several hit movies and TV shows including “Friday Night Lights”, “Wonder Woman”, “Supernatural”, “Smallville”, among others. She has earned a tidy sum from appearing in all these films. In 2016, she also published a comic book novel with her comic book-writer brother, titled “No Angel”.
All these sojourns in the entertainment industry have earned her a tidy sum of 4 million dollars ($4 million) according to Celebrity Net Worth. She will undoubtedly continue to appear in more roles as she takes her career further. Her net worth will definitely swell accordingly.
Adrianne Palicki is very active on social media, especially on Twitter and Instagram and she has over 200 thousand followers on both platforms.
She also has a Facebook page with almost 400 thousand likes. However, she is not very active on the account. Fans can follow Adrianne Palicki on Instagram at palicki.adrianne and on Twitter at AdriannePalicki.
Adrianne Palicki is a shining beacon in Hollywood; a great beauty of a woman who has appeared in several Hollywood productions. She is a brilliant and athletic young woman who knows what she wants and relentlessly goes after it.
She is also a star on the small screen, shining bright in every role that she takes. Although she was not able to play “Wonder Woman”, she ensures that she displays the virtues of the character every day.
As she continues to move upwards in her career and conquer more spaces, she will gain more fans and become an inspiration to many more. You may also like to read our latest article, Tom Brady net worth in 2021, salary, contracts and brand endorsements.