Pop singer with Girls Aloud and TV personality Sarah Harding has died at 39 from breast cancer; see 5 interesting facts about her.
Her demise was announced by her mother, Marie, on Instagram. She wrote: “It’s with deep heartbreak that today I’m sharing the news that my beautiful daughter Sarah has sadly passed away.
“Many of you will know of Sarah’s battle with cancer and that she fought so strongly from her diagnosis until her last day. She slipped away peacefully this morning.
“I’d like to thank everyone for their kind support over the past year. It meant the world to Sarah, and it gave her great strength and comfort to know she was loved.
“I know she won’t want to be remembered for her fight against this terrible disease – she was a bright shining star, and I hope that’s how she can be remembered instead. – Marie x”
View this post on Instagram
The news prompted a lot of reactions from celebrities. Geri Horner, the Spice Girls singer and a judge on the TV talent show that created “Girls Aloud”, reacted. She wrote: “Rest in peace, Sarah Harding. You’ll be remembered for the light and joy you brought to the world. X”
The news of Harding battling cancer first broke in August 2020 when she announced that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer and was receiving chemotherapy.
At the time, she said: “My amazing mum, family and close friends are helping me through this, and I want to say a thank you to the wonderful NHS doctors and nurses who have been and continue to be heroes.”
In March 2021, she released a book titled “Hear me out”, where she told her story, including her battle with cancer.
5 interesting facts about her
- Sarah Harding was born on 17 November 1981 and grew up in the North West of England.
- She got the singing genes from her father, who was in a band. During her teens, Sarah joined a girl band herself.
- She was a singer, actress and model. Her professional career began in 2002 when she auditioned for the ITV series Popstars and landed a spot in the girl group Aloud.
- Harding was engaged in 2011 to DJ Tom Crane but broke off the engagement. In 2012, she got involved with DJ Mark Foster, but they ended their relationship in 2014.
- Her final single “Wear it like a Crown”, which she recorded 10 years earlier, was released in March 2021.
You may also like our recent article, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings review.