This week, we are sharing five meaningful quotes by award-winning filmmaker, Spike Lee that will make you think deeply and make some progress this week.
His company, 40 Acres and a Mule Filmworks, has produced over 30 films since its inception. Some of these movies include Da 5 Bloods, BlacKkKlansman, Malcolm X, She’s Gotta Have It, and many others.
He has been very successful at his craft and for this reason, there are so many things to learn from his life.
See the five quotes by Spike Lee below:
- “I believe in destiny. But I also believe that you can’t just sit back and let destiny happen. A lot of times, an opportunity might fall into your lap, but you have to be ready for that opportunity. You can’t sit there waiting on it. A lot of times you are going to have to get out there and make it happen.”
- “Most human beings will not stand in front of a stage and tell you about the bad things they did.”
- “Fight the power that be. Fight the power.”
- “Our greatness, our talent has never been the question. It’s been a matter of grappling for control over what we do.”
- “I think it is very important that films make people look at what they’ve forgotten.”
These quotes should trigger deep thought in you and help you get more breakthrough in your work these days.
No matter the work that you do, it should always be groundbreaking work that you believe in and that you can defend and be proud of anywhere.
Let Spike Lee’s quotes and sayings help you find those important things.
Have a great week! Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section.