Matthew Tyler Vorce, Billie Eilish rumoured boyfriend, responds to his social media statements from a decade ago resurfacing.
The 29-year-old actor apologised for posts he made in 2011 and 2012 on Instagram Stories this week. “[Matthew was] accused of using the N-word, as well as making offensive statements about the Asian and LGTBQ+ communities,” according to E! News.
Vorce admitted that he had made the uncovered comments, and that he was truly sorry. “I’d like to [apologise] for some of the things I’ve said on social media in the past,” he said.
“I [apologise] for using nasty and irresponsible language, and I [recognise] how disrespectful those comments are. That doesn’t matter if it was a lyric, a quote, or just me being st*pid. I’m embarrassed and truly remorseful for using them in any circumstance,” the actor also remarked.
Before adding, “it is not how I was raised, and it is not what I stand for. I shouldn’t have used this language to begin with, and I won’t do it now. I’m very sorry for the pain I’ve caused. I accept full responsibility for my conduct and will continue to do so.”
This comes after Billie was chastised for reportedly using racial slurs and insulting Asian accents in a series of TikTok videos.
According to Geo tv, in outdated TikTok videos that resurfaced on Monday, the 19-year-old award-winning singer is accused of imitating an Asian accent and using the term ‘ch*nk.’
The video, which was also re-uploaded on Twitter, has approximately one million views and has elicited a variety of responses from users and followers.
See some reactions:
— Heidi (@HeidiHugh8) June 18, 2021
bitches be like aw asian hate crimes so sad let me post a hashtag saying to stop with no resources, links, or articles for awareness and then post about billie eilish and her blonde hair right after
— cristina (@8starcyj) March 18, 2021
The video stunned many of Eilish’s fans, who asked that she be cancelled, while others accused her of racism and demanded an apology.
Who is Matthew Tyler Vorce? – Billie Eilish boyfriend facts
- Matthew Tyler Vorce is an actor and writer from Los Angeles who has been active since 2012.
- He has appeared in the TV movie Mother, May I Sleep With Danger? alongside James Franco as well as Little Monsters and Return Home.
- After being photographed with girlfriend Billie in recent weeks, his fame has skyrocketed.
- The couple were spotted looking comfy together in April 2021, and also most recently recently spotted together at Disneyland.
- Despite the fact that neither party has publicly addressed their relationship status, the recent sighting was enough for most fans to conclude that the two are dating.
Billie Eilish has not responded publicly to Matthew’s remarks or her accusers. You can also read this article, New Music Friday: Olamide new album ‘UY Scuti’; Diana Ross new single “Thank You”