Dudu Heritage, the husband of Nollywood actress Bimbo Oshin, whose real name is Ola Ibironke, is dead; See 5 facts about her.
Dudu Heritage was a music promoter who relocated from the United States to Nigeria to run a private business. The PUNCH confirmed the news of his death from a close friend and colleague of Bimbo Oshin, Jaiye Kuti, who simply said, “Yes, he has died. He died last night.“
Until his demise, Dudu was the Captain of Ibadan Golf Club. He allegedly slumped at the golf club at about 8:30 pm while out with his friends, and efforts to resuscitate him proved abortive. They later rushed him to the hospital, where he was confirmed dead.
The Golf Club released a statement through its EXCO, reacting to the sudden death of its captain.
“We are shocked by the sudden demise of our Captain, Mr OLA IBIRONKE. The Course is hereby closed, and all club activities are suspended until further notice while the Flag will be hoisted at half-mast. Our prayers are with his family and members of this great Club. Further details will be announced later,” the statement read.
See 5 interesting facts about Bimbo Oshin
- Bimbo Oshin was born on 24 July 1971 in Ondo state, and she is the 7th child of the eight children of Pa Olasanmi Theophilus Oshin.
- The Yoruba Yoruba actress, filmmaker, producer and director studied Philosophy at the University of Lagos.
- She got married to her husband, Dudu Heritage, in 2005, and they welcomed two kids – Michael Olusegun Ibironke and Iyanuoluwa Ibironke.
- Bimbo started her acting career in 1996 when she joined the Ara Osan theatre group. Meanwhile, her movie career began with English soap operas before she was integrated into the Yoruba movie industry. She initially found fame for her part in “Akobi” (1997), and for several years, she only made waves among Yoruba movie lovers. However, her role in the star-studded 2012 Yoruba film “Omo Elemosho” made her well-known beyond the shores of her industry.
- In 2016, she won an award in the Icon Category at the 2016 Afro-Heritage Broadcasting and Entertainment and Awards. She is still very active in the acting business.
We send our condolences to the actress and her children.
You may also like our recent article, BBNaija Evictions: JayPaul, Jackie B evicted from BBNaija house.