“Mission: Impossible 7” production has been suspended. As reported by ET, the filming of the latest instalment in the Tom Cruise franchise was shut down last week due to positive COVID-19 results of some members of the production crew.
Filming is scheduled to resume on 14 June, all things being equal. “We have temporarily halted production on “Mission: Impossible 7″ until June 14, due to positive coronavirus test results during routine testing. We are following all safety protocols and will continue to monitor the situation,” Paramount Pictures spokesperson said.
Fans will recall that production of the film also encountered its first issues in February of 2020 when the pandemic hit. Much later in the year, an audiotape of Tom Cruise reprimanding some crew members surfaced on the internet. It is said that the members involved had violated the Covid-19 safety precautions.
Commenting on the incident last month, Tom Cruise defended his actions saying, “I said what I said. There was a lot at stake at that point.” He further explained that contrary to people’s interpretation of the clip, he only yelled at the people who were found wanting, not the entire crew.
With the film suffering another setback, it is no longer clear when fans can expect the action thriller back on their screens. The initial July 2022 release date may no longer be feasible as things stand. However, without any further obstacles, the movie should still hit the screens in 2022.
Fans will now anticipate the completion of production at least, before worrying about anything else. We can only hope the wait won’t be too long. Fingers crossed!
You may also like to read our recent article, Ryan Reynolds opens up on his mental health struggles in a recent interview.