Kevin Durant scored 31 points as the Brooklyn Nets who never trailed, survived multiple fourth-quarter comeback attempts by Miami Heat and a career-high 41-point night by Bam Adebayo in a 128-124 victory on Saturday in New York.
Kyrie Irving also added 28 points with 18 of those coming in the fourth quarter.
Joe Harris added 23 points as well and tied a career-high with seven 3-pointers but it was quite a quiet night for new recruit James Harden who finished with 12 points and 11 assists as Brooklyn shot 53.7%, tied a season-best with 19 three-pointers, and collected a season-high 34 assists.
Goran Dragic also added 19 of his own for the Heat while Duncan Robinson and Kendrick Nunn finished with 18 apiece as Miami Heat shot 70 percent in the fourth but ultimately a 47.2% overall record meant they were always playing catch up.
The Nets having lost back to back games against Cleveland started off fast, leading by as many as 18 before surviving Miami’s comebacks in the fourth but the Heat, despite drawing within one, were unable to overhaul Brooklyn who edged a thrilling contest
Saturday night’s NBA results
- Philadelphia 76ers 114-110 Detroit Pistons
- Miami Heat 124-128 Brooklyn Nets
- New Orleans Pelicans 110-120 Minnesota Timberwolves
- Golden State Warriors 108-127 Utah Jazz
- Los Angeles Lakers 101-90 Chicago Bulls
- Houston Rockets 133-108 Dallas Mavericks
- Denver Nuggets 120-112 Phoenix Suns