Did you know? 14 odd facts about the body everyone should know
1. It is physically impossible for you to lick your elbow (True).
2. Our tongues have prints and just like fingerprints, everyone’s tongue print is different. (We should try adding that to our bank registration).
3. There are 24 hours in a day, it takes approximately 12 hours for food to entirely digest, yet most people eat thrice daily if they can.
4. Women blink nearly twice as often as men.
5. Most of the dust particles in your house are dead skin.
4. Babies are born without kneecaps. They appear between the ages of 2 and 6.
7. Men can read smaller print better than women. Women can hear better.
8. Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
9. If you sneeze too hard you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die. If you keep your eyes open by force they can pop out. (Moral: let the sneeze out, naturally).
10. A kiss stimulates 29 muscles and chemicals that cause relaxation. Women seem to like light and frequent kisses while men like them more strenuous.
11. Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
12. The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
13. Almost everyone who reads this will try to lick their elbow (True).
14. According to the Chinese, there is a point on the head that you can press to control your appetite. It is located in the hollow just in front of the flap of the ear. (You’re going to try this when next you’re hungry).