Comedian Kate Quigley is doing “ok” after an overdose from fentanyl-laced cocaine that caused three deaths, see 5 interesting facts about her.
According to her comedian buddy Brian Redband, Quigley texted, “I’m alive. I’m not great. But I’m ok,” following the tragedy at a Venice home on Friday night.
On Friday, 3 September night into 4 September morning, Quigley, Fuquan Johnson and two other unidentified people were having a get-together in the Venice neighbourhood of the Los Angeles area.
They took drugs that led to the death of Johnson and two unnamed persons, leaving Quigley in critical condition.
According to TMZ, investigators believe that Johnson, Quigley, and the two unnamed dead partygoers consumed cocaine that had been laced with fentanyl.
Redban took to his Instagram story to upload a screenshot of the Saturday night text exchange on Instagram.
He captioned the story: “I have had a bad month.. And this just ruined me.. Hug everyone you love.“
What is Fentanyl?
Fentanyl is a potent opioid that is 100 per cent stronger than morphine. The drug is known to be associated with abuse. Originally, it is a drug that is used for severe pain management, mainly pain from after surgery.
5 interesting facts about Kate Quigley
- Born on 8 February 1982 to parents Barbara and Bernard Doherty, Quigley grew up in Canton, Ohio. She has two siblings, Glen and Greg Doherty.
- She is an American stand up comedian, model and actress, and she hosted the 2016 AVN awards and hosts Playboy TV’s “Undercover”.
- She studied Theatre Arts at the Chicago College of Performing Arts.
- At the age of 19, Quigley got married to her high school sweetheart but later divorced. She is currently dating Darius Rucker.
- Throughout her career, she has appeared in a series of shows. Some of them include “The Office”, “Star Trek: Hidden Frontier”, “My Super-Overactive Imagination”, and “Apartment 9”.
In 2019, Quigley told Canton Rep that she shot a ‘web series with a bunch of comedians that is hilarious’. The world eagerly awaits this work as well as her coming album. We hope she recovers quickly and retains her sense of humour.
You may also like to read our latest article, What happened to Christmas Vacation actress, Nicolette Scorsese, and where is she now?